Dr. Sagit Mor
Sagit Mor is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Haifa Law Faculty. She is the Head of the International Center for Health Law and Bioethics and the Chair of the Law and Health LL.M. Program at the Haifa Law Faculty. Her areas of expertise are disability studies and disability rights. Following the completion of her doctoral studies at New York University School of Law, she was an Ed Roberts postdoctoral fellow in disability studies at the University of California, Berkeley. Her doctoral dissertation won the Association for the Study of Law Culture and the Humanities 2007 Dissertation Award. In 2015-16 she was an Israel Institute fellow at the University of Washington. She is co-founder and co-coordinator of the Collaborative Research Network of Disability Legal Studies at the Law and Society Association. Her publications concern sociolegal analysis of disability in various fields including employment discrimination, disability benefits, access to justice, bioethics and wrongful life. Her current research focuses on disability critique of torts. Her most recent publication is the Disability Studies Reader in Hebrew, which she co-edited. She was a member of the Advisory Committee to the Commission for Equal Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- J.S.D. New York University, School of Law, 2005
- LL.M. New York University, School of Law, 2000
- LL.B. Tel Aviv University, Faculty of Law, 1997
Fields of Interest
- Disability Studies
- Disability Critique of Law (Disability Legal Studies)
- Law and Social Change
- Law and Society
- Tort Law
- Law, Health and Bioethics
- Israel Institute Fellow, University of Washington, 2015-2016
- Recipient of the 2007 Julien Mezey Dissertation Award of the Association for the Study of Law Culture and Humanities
- Ed Roberts Post-doctoral Fellow in Disability Studies, University of California, Berkeley, 2005-2006
Academic and Public Activities
- Head of the International Center for Health Law and Bioethics.
- Chair of the Law and Health LL.M. Program.
- Member of the Advisory Committee to the Commission for Equal Rights for Persons with Disabilities.
- Member of the Ministry of Health Committee on New Guidelines Concerning Intersex People.
- Co-Founder and Co-Coordinator of the Collaborative Research Network (CRN) on Disability Legal Studies, the Law and Society Association.
- Co-founder and Co-coordinator of the Israeli Disability Studies Network (IDSN).
- Co-instructor of the academic working group on Disability Studies at the Van Leer institute (2011-2013).
- Attorney, Bizchut – The Israeli Human Rights Center for People with Disabilities, 1998-1999.
- Judicial Clerk, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, Prof. Aharon Barak, 1997-1998.