Economic Analysis of Law
- Ph.D., California Institute of Technology, 2009
- M.S., California Institute of Technology, 2006
- J.D., Northwestern University, 2001
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 1998
Attorney-Advisor, Transportation Security Administration, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, 2002–2004
- Group Identification. Games and Economic Behavior, Vol. 63 (2008), 188–202. [Science Direct]
- A Measure of Bizarreness (with Christopher P. Chambers). Quarterly Journal of Political Science, Vol. 5 (2010), 27–44. [QJPS] [an article in Slate.com discussing our measure] [an article in Science discussing our measure]
- Rules for Aggregating Information (with Christopher P. Chambers). Social Choice and Welfare, Vol. 36 (2011), 75–82. [SpringerLink]
- The Reasonable Person (with Ronen Perry). New York University Law Review, Vol. 87 (2012), 323–392. [SSRN]
The Tradeoff of the Commons (with R. Preston McAfee). Journal of Public Economics, Vol. 96 (2012), 349–353. [Science Direct]
Inefficiency Measurement (with Christopher P. Chambers). American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, Vol. 6 (2014), 79–92. [AEA]
Measuring Legislative Boundaries (with Christopher P. Chambers). Mathematical Social Sciences, Vol. 66 (2013), 268–275. [Science Direct]
A Group’s a Group, No Matter How Small: An Economic Analysis of Defamation (with Ronen Perry). Washington and Lee Law Review, Vol. 70 (2013), 2269–2336. [SSRN]
Scholarly Influence (with Christopher P. Chambers). Journal of Economic Theory, Vol. 151 (2014), 571–583. [Science Direct]
Patent Challenge Clauses: A New Antitrust Offense? (with Michal Gal). Iowa Law Review, forthcoming.
- Corporate Voting – most recent version: May 18, 2017.
- Closure and Preferences (with Christopher P. Chambers and M. Bumin Yenmez) – most recent version: October 8, 2015.