- מועמדים ותכניות לימוד
- קליניקות ומחקר
- קליניקות משפטיות
- מרכזי מחקר
- תלמידי.ות מחקר
- מסיימי.ות דוקטורט
- ועדת האתיקה
- כתבי עת
- חדשות ואירועים
- ביה”ס לקרימינולוגיה
נושא המחקר:מודלים רגולטוריים לשיתוף מידע להגנת סייבר במגזר הפיננסי: ניתוח של איזון זכויות באמצעות תפיסה פוליסנטרית
הנחיה: פרופ’ אמנון רייכמן
- Expert legal practitioner and consultant in cybersecurity and data protection law and regulation
- Specialization in key areas of cybersecurity, including cyber strategy, cyber defense, infrastructure protection, cyber counter-terrorism, and internet governance
- Extensive, in-depth cybersecurity legal consulting for top-tier clients globally and in Israel
- Adjunct professor for cybersecurity law and policy at three leading research universities
- High-level, high-impact academic research, publications, conferences and workshops
- Proven leader and strategist with an ability to build effective relations with diverse stakeholders and provide cutting-edge expertise to facilitate both government and private sector initiatives.
- More than 7 years’ experience as Director of an international organization developing top-level public leadership in Israel and the US
- Over 20 years of high-level management experience with international scope in the government, academic and private sectors
- Diplomatic representation of Israel at global levels in legal and diplomatic negotiations
- The Oslo Accords, ITU, WTO, and the Israel-Jordan peace treaty
- Several senior appointed positions within global cybersecurity organizations
- Lead researcher for cybersecurity law and policy projects and initiatives in Israel and globally.
- Doctoral research on leveraging information sharing to bolster cybersecurity in the financial sector
- Professional certifications for cybersecurity and data protection
INTERNATIONAL AND ISRAELI CYBERSECURITY
PEER EXPERT REVIEWER, INTERNATIONAL CYBER LAW IN PRACTICE 2018-pres.
University of Exeter, NATO CCDCOE, Czech National Cyber and Information Security Agency
CHAIR OF WORKING GROUP, GLOBAL FORUM ON CYBER EXPERTISE (GFCE) 2016 – pres.
Inaugural Advisory Board Member
CORE EXPERT, Manual on International Law Applicable to 2016 – pres. Uses OF OUTER SPACE (MILAMOS)
Member of Core Expert Group
CORE EXPERT, TALLINN MANUAL 2.0, NATO CCDCOE 2015 – 2017
Member of International Group of Experts
ADVISORY BOARD, HEBREW UNIVERSITY LAW AND CYBER SECURITY 2018- pres.
ADVISORY BOARD, INTERNATIONAL COUNTER-TERRORISM REVIEW 2019-pres.
International Institute for Counter-Terrorism and NextGen 5.0
MEMBER OF PUBLIC COMMITTEE ON CYBER PROFESSIONS 2013-2014
Israel National Cyber Authority
CO-CHAIR, COMMITTEE ON POLICY AND REGULATION 2010-2011
NATIONAL CYBER R&D INITIATIVE (“MEIZAM HACYBER”)
CHIEF LEGAL OFFICER AND VP REGULATION, KONFIDAS LTD. 2019 – pres.
FOUNDER AND PRINCIPAL, HOUSEN-COURIEL LAW OFFICES 2014 – pres.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, THE WEXNER FOUNDATION ISRAEL FELLOWSHIP 2007-2014
RESEARCH TEAM LEADER, REUT INSTITUTE 2005-2006
MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATIONS, DIRECTOR-GENERAL’S BUREAU 2003 – 2005
Senior Department Director for Regulation and International Treaties
MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATIONS, LEGAL ADVISOR’S BUREAU 1994 – 2003
Senior Department Director for Regulation and International Treaties
ACADEMIC & RESEARCH
UNIVERSITY OF HAIFA, FACULTY OF LAW
Doctoral candidate 2017 – pres.
HARVARD UNIVERSITY, KENNEDY SCHOOL OF GOVERNMENT 2016, 2018
Lecturer on Cybersecurity, Executive Education Program
GLOBAL COMMISSION ON THE STABILITY OF CYBERSPACE 2017 – pres.
Legal Research Advisory Group Member and Researcher for inaugural project on the
Public Core of the Internet
HEBREW UNIVERSITY, FACULTY OF LAW 2017 – pres.
IDC HERZLIYA, LAW AND SECURITY PROGRAM
Adjunct Professor, Courses and Seminar on International and Israeli Cyber Law
HEBREW UNIVERSITY CYBER LAW CENTER-MIT SLOAN SCHOOL
Researcher, Project on Cyber Ecosystems 2018 – pres.
TEL AVIV UNIVERSITY, INTERDISCIPLINARY CYBER RESEARCH CENTER 2014 – 2016
MINERVA CENTER FOR THE RULE OF LAW UNDER EXTREME CONDITIONS 2016 – 2018
Lead Researcher, Project on Regulatory Preparedness for Cyber Emergencies
INSTITUTE FOR COUNTER-TERRORISM, IDC HERZLIYA 2013- pres.
Member, Legal Affairs Team and Cyber Terrorism Desk
Co-Lead Researcher, International Counterterrorism Research Project 2018-pres.
Lecturer, Cybersecurity Executive Education Course
INTERNATIONAL LAW ASSOCIATION 2014 – 2016
Study Group on Cybersecurity, Terrorism and International Law
PRIME MINISTER’S OFFICE 2014 – 2015
Wexner Foundation Israel Fellow (MC-MPA), Harvard Kennedy School 2001
Faculty Prize for Public International Law (LL.M.), Hebrew University 1994
Jacob Robinson Prize for International Law 1988
Faculty Prize for Public International Law (LL.B.), Hebrew University 1987
Phi Beta Kappa (B.A.), Wellesley College 1982
Executive Education Program on Cybersecurity: 2014
The Intersection of Policy and Technology, Harvard Kennedy School
MPA-MC, Harvard Kennedy School 2001
- Researcher, Executive Program on Emergency Preparedness, Belfer Center (Summer 2001)
- Research Assistant to Professor Viktor Mayer-Schonberger
for project on telecom emergency preparedness (Spring and Summer 2001)
LL.M. (cum laude), Hebrew University, Faculty of Law 1994
- Master’s Thesis on International Telecommunication Law,
advised by Prof. Ruth Lapidoth and Adv. Yitzhak Molcho
- Teaching assistant to Professors Ruth Lapidoth, Yehudah Blum, and Nissim Bar-Ya’akov
LL.B., Hebrew University, Faculty of Law 1987
B.A., (summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa) History and Anthropology (Honors Thesis),
Durant Scholar, Wellesley College 1982
Certificat d’études politiques, École de Sciences Politiques 1981
Northfield -Mt. Hermon College Preparatory School 1977
McVeigh Head Award
EU GDPR F (Foundation) and EU GDPR P (Practitioner), IBITGQ EU General Data Protection Regulation
CISSP – currently completing
Global Media, War and Technology (University of Queensland, 2018)
Cybersecurity Economics (TUDelft, 2016)
- Israel Bar Association (Law, Science and Technology Forum)
- American Society for International Law (Co-Chair, Law and Technology Interest Group)
- International Law Association, Israel Branch
- Forum Devorah for Israeli women in national security professions
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Academic Advisory Board for Justice (Legal Magazine of the International Association of Jewish Lawyers and Jurists)
Selected Conference Presentations
- Applicability of International Law to Cyberspace, DiploFoundation, Webinar (November 7, 2019)
- Regulating Trust in Cyberspace: A Polycentric Model for Critical Cyber Information Sharing, Hebrew University Cyber Security Center (November 3, 2019)
- Keynote, International Law and Cyber Stability, CyberStability Hearings, Global Commission on the Security of Cyberspace, Geneva (January 2019)
- Regulation Strategies for Countering Cyberterrorism, Konrad Adenauer Foundation and Forum Devora Conference (December 2018)
- Keynote, Information Sharing for Optimizing Cybersecurity, Cybersecurity Executive 2018, Helsinki (November 2018)
- Panel on Cybersecurity, European Cybersecurity Forum, Krakow, (October 2018)
- Panel on “Technology Upends Existing Legislative Frameworks”, Gateway of India Geoeconomic Dialogue 2018 (March 2018)
- Blocking of Cyber-Enabled Communications by States: Ramifications for the Right to Freedom of Communications, Conference on Cyber Challenges to International Human Rights, Hebrew University and Haifa University (December 2017)
- Evolving International Legal Norms for State and Non-State Activity in Cyberspace: Taking Stock in Light of Recent Developments, Hebrew University Cyber Research Center, (November 2017)
- Growing Challenges to the Rule of Law in Outer Space, Minerva Center, Law Faculty of Haifa University (June 2017)
- Cybersecurity Law and National Security, Israel National Security College (MABAL) (May 2017)
- Trends in Cybersecurity Law, Israel Bar Association (February 2017)
- Cyber Law and Outer Space Law: Current Developments, Cybertech (February 2017)
- Legal Aspects of Cybersecurity in Crisis Situations, Deloitte-Konfidas-Bank HaPoalim Conference (December 2016)
- Cybersecurity and Space Security: Intersecting Challenges, UNOOSA (September 2016) and Manfred Lachs Space Law Conference (June 2016)
- Responding to Cyber Threats in the Transport Sector, ICT Summit (September 2016)
- Cybersecurity Threats to Space Missions, International Astronautical Congress (October 2015)
- Global Approaches to States’ Use of Cyberspace, CEO Conference, Washington, D.C. (Sept 2015)
- Cybersecurity and Cyberterrorism, ICT Herzliya (July 2015)
- Cybersecurity and Cyber Defense under International Law, Ambassador of the United Kingdom in Israel (May 2015)
- The Sony Events in the Light of the Tallinn Process, Yuval Ne’eman Workshop (January 2015)
- Cybersecurity and the Future(s) of the Internet, IDF Advocate-General (October 2014)
- Cyberterrorism, International Institute for Counter-Terrorism, IDC Herzliyya (September 2014)
- Cyberterrorism and Israel’s Draft Law on Terror, Israel Bar Conference (May 2014)
- Technology, Law and National Security in a Changing World, Haifa University (2013); Israel Cyber Conference (2010, 2012); Herzliya Conference (2011); International Space University (2012); ITU Plenipotentiary (1997)
Board member for PUSH for Success, TALI Educational Foundation, Forum Devora
English (fluent), Hebrew (fluent), and French (intermediate)
Cybersecurity Law and Policy
- Policy Paper on The International Cyberterrorism Regulation Project (co-author), RUSI, July 2019,
- Information Sharing for the Mitigation of Hostile Activity in Cyberspace: Comparing Two Nascent Models, European Cybersecurity Journal, Vol’s. 4 and 5 (2018 and 2019).
- Between national security considerations and data privacy: two approaches to balancing a core normative tension in cybersecurity regulation, Institute for Information Infrastructure Protection, March 2019.
- A Look at Israel’s New Draft Cybersecurity Law, Council on Foreign Relations Net Politics Blog, July 2, 2018.
- New Property Rights in Cyberspace: Testamentary Transferability of Digital Property Rights, International Journal of Law and Technology, upcoming publication in 2019.
- An Analytical Review and Comparison of Operative Measures included in Cyber Diplomatic Initiatives, Global Commission on the Stability of Cyberspace, 2018.
- Balancing National Security and Data Privacy: A Key Regulatory Challenge in Cyberspace (blog), Hebrew University Cyber Research Center, 2018.
- “Space Security and Cybersecurity: Intersecting Challenges”, Monograph Series V: Conflicts in Space and the Rule of Law, McGill University, 2018.
- Michael Schmitt (ed.), Tallinn Manual 2.0 on the International Law Applicable to Cyber Operations, Cambridge University Press, 2017.
- “Cyberizing Counter-terrorism Legislation and Policy: National and International Developments”, ICT Working Papers, 25 September 2017.
- “National Cyber Security Organization in Israel”, NATO Cooperative Cyber Defense Center of Excellence, Tallinn, June 2017.
- “Israel has dodged a cyber bullet…so far”, The Times of Israel, May 15, 2017.
- “Cybersecurity and Outer Space: Connected Challenges”, Israel Defense, January 2017.
- “Cybersecurity Threats to Satellite Communications: Towards a Typology of State Actor Responses and an Integrative Multi-Stakeholder Review”, Acta Astronautica, 128 (2016) 409-415.
- “Cyber Law and Telecommunications Law”, chapter in R. Sabel and Yael Ronen (ed’s.), International Law, 3rd ed., Sacher Institute, Faculty of Law, Hebrew University, 2016.
- “Cybersecurity and Anti-Satellite Capabilities (ASAT): New Threats and New Legal Responses”, Journal of Law and Cyber Warfare, Vol. 4:3, Winter 2016.
- Selected Articles Summarizing Cyber Developments in 2014 (Editor), Yuval Ne’eman Workshop, Tel Aviv University, 2015.
- “A Multi-Faceted Strategy for Cyber Standardization” (with A. Ivgi), Proceedings of the 2nd and 3rd Annual Cyber Conference, Yuval Ne’eman Workshop at Tel Aviv University, September 2014.
- “Constructive Ambiguity in Cyberspace: The Legal and Policy Challenges”, Proceedings of the 2nd and 3rd Annual Cyber Conference, Yuval Ne’eman Workshop at Tel Aviv University, September 2014.
- “The ‘Dubai Clash’ at WCIT-12: Freedom of Information, Access Rights and Cybersecurity”, INSS, March 2014.
· “The Evolving Law on Cyber Terrorism: Dilemmas of International Law and Israeli Law”, ICT Working Papers Series, April 2013.
· “Disruption of Satellite Transmissions ad Bellum and in Bello: Launching a New Paradigm of Convergence”, Israel Law Review, Vol. 45 (3), November 2012.
- “Disruption of Satellite Transmissions under International Humanitarian Law: Are New Paradigms Needed?”, Minerva / ICRC Conference on “New Technologies, Old Law”, Jerusalem, November 2011.
- “International Law Aspects of Cyberspace”, Reference Paper, Herzliya Conference, 2011.
- “The Coming Satellite Wars“, Jerusalem Post, February 14, 2007.
Telecommunications Law and Policy
- “International Telecommunications Law”, in R. Sabel (ed.), International Law, Sacher Institute for Legislative Research and Comparative Law, Faculty of Law, Hebrew University, 2003 and 2010.
- Sourcebook for course, Telecommunications Law in the Digital Information Age, Faculty of Law, Hebrew University, 2005-2006.
- “Developments in European Community Telecommunications Law: The Storm before the Calm”, 1st Legal Colloquium Israel – Italy: Towards a New European Jus Commune, Sacher Institute, 1999.
- Telecommunications Law: Israeli and International Perspectives (editor), course sourcebook in Hebrew, Academon Press, Jerusalem, 1995, 1996, 1997.
International Law and Policy
- Whither Jerusalem? Proposals and Positions Concerning the Future of Jerusalem (with R. Lapidoth and M. Hirsch), Martinus Nijhoff, The Hague, 1995.
- Legal and Administrative Aspects of the Establishment of a Regional Water Authority, Armand Hammer Fund for Economic Development in the Middle East, Tel Aviv, 1995.
- A Comparison of Legal Regimes for the Sharing of International Water Resources, Truman Institute of Hebrew University and Armand Hammer Fund, Tel Aviv University, 1994.
- Elections in the West Bank and Gaza Strip in Accordance with the Peace Initiative of May 1989 (with M. Hirsch and under the direction of Prof. Ruth Lapidoth, in Hebrew), Jerusalem Institute, 1992.
- “The Status of the Gulf of Aqaba – Strait of Tiran Complex Under International Law”, in The Gulf of Aqaba and International Environmental Law, Environmental Law Institute, Washington, D.C., 1992.
- Aspects of the Law of International Water Resources, Armand Hammer Institute for Economic Development in the Middle East, Tel-Aviv University, 1992.
- International Law and Institutions (edited with M. Pomerantz, H. Shachor-Landau, and A. Gershowitz), course sourcebook in Hebrew, Academon Press, Jerusalem, 1991.